Thursday 6 December 2007

Not A Tricky Question

This week's Booking Through Thursday question is:

Do you have a favourite book, now out of print, that you would like to see become available again?

This might just rank as one of the easiest questions I've ever answered - yes yes yes! All of 'em! I used to naively believe that 'good' books (whatever they are) stayed in print - how much better do I know now?!

I'm too sleepy to write a proper post tonight, but tomorrow I'll be
introducing a new book to the 50 Books You Must Read But May Not Have Heard About. Thought this question warranted it.

A few clues. Well, not really clues, because you May Not Have Heard About this novel, but something to set the mood...


  • published in 1922
  • written by a man
  • primarily about a woman
  • reissued by the same people who reissued Miss Hargreaves
  • this is a close-up of the cover:

2 comments:

  1. I've already read the subsequent post ... butI didn't guess. But I recognise the cover painting ... who's it by? Is it Matisse? And I shall read the book. In fact I should really read all your '50'. If I start soon I won't have so many to catch up with later.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.