Wednesday 10 June 2009

Year Two: The Sketches

Newcomers to Stuck-in-a-Book could be forgiven for not knowing that I like to add sketches to posts, since they've been so infrequent of late. When I started blogging it was one of the little things I thought would be fun, and might make my blog stand out - but somehow it require more inspiration than writing, and I'm a bit lazy... I will try to do better!

All the sketches from the first year of my blog are under Year One: The Sketches (in the left column... if you're using Internet Explorer you'll find that somewhere at the bottom of the screen...) - and this is all the sketches from the second year of blogging. Most of 'em don't make sense out of context, but if you click on any of them, they should take you to the post in question.























11 comments:

  1. Simon - these are all wonderful and witty and fun. I particularly like the one where the fried egg is a bookmark. In my library days I came cross weird and wonderful things used for this purpose, ie - a kipper, a slice of bacon (uncooked), a squahed jam sandwich and something else which I will not mention but leave to your imagination........

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I hate it when the cover gives away the ending". That's too funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! My favorite was Reduced Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon, you are an AMAZING artist! You should use that talent somehow. At least self publish a volume of them, or several to give away to fans. I know I'd buy one!

    I wish I could draw half as well as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed your sketches...hard to pick a favorite...what is your degree in? I will be in dissertation mode myself soon...
    Glad I stumbled upon your blog.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, everyone! You made my day, Elaine, Darlene, Tiffany and Lisa. Lisa, your idea of a book is really fun... I should investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Nicole!

    My degree is an English Masters in 20th Century literature, just finished. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simon, these sketches are brilliant and its wonderful to see them in a collection like this, I am incredibly envious of your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good ones. Did you stop sketching in Year Three and Four. Not many of ém here on stuck-in-a-book! Awesome job again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Siddarth! There are some dotted around that I've been meaning to collect into a post, but rather fewer than there used to be - mostly because I forget. But it's a shame, I should bring them back! Thanks for reminding me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Siddarth! There are some dotted around that I've been meaning to collect into a post, but rather fewer than there used to be - mostly because I forget. But it's a shame, I should bring them back! Thanks for reminding me...

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.