Tuesday 7 December 2010

Nurse Kitten


Just thought I'd keep you in the picture - yesterday I went off to the hospital to find out what was wrong, and it's a torn stomach muscle. So, definitely not serious - but it was very painful! They gave me strong painkillers, and Mum (who'd very kindly driven up from Somerset when I cried down the phone, when the pain was at its worst) and Dad offered me a week's rest down in Somerset. I decided it would be nicer to rest there, scooped up all my notes and laptop etc. so I can do some work, and came home. The bonus being that Sherpa is here to 'look after me' (for which read, sit on my feet for a bit; run up to the windowsill; then the other windowsill; crawl under the bookcase; hide under the duvet; attack my leg; fall off the bed... and repeat from the beginning.)

So, the books I wanted to review or post about (I've finished Project 24 and haven't even told you the last three!) will have to wait until I'm back in Oxford. For now, here is lovely Sherpa...






16 comments:

  1. Lovely Cat! Get well soon. Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Care is always better at home. :) Hope you are mended soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor Simon! Still, home is the best place to be, and we can see you are being well cared for. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a pretty kitten hope you feel better soon sure time with family will aid a speedy recovery ,all the best stu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon,
    So glad you are getting well and are home with Mum and Dad and Sherpa. You have been in my thoughts. I really like your blog, and read it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a quick recovery,
    Miriana

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you have Mum and Dad and Sherpa. Hope you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! That sounds so painful. But I'm glad you've got people looking after you. Pets are so comforting. Plus, hopefully you'll get plenty of books read. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope whatever you are reading is numbing the pain. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get well soon Simon, sounds horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh there's nothing better than being at home when you're sick with loved ones to wait on you. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sherpa is the cutest thing!! Poor you Simon, I hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get well soon Simon, its horrid to be in pain and the thing you most want in the world is to be at home and near family, which is how I'm feeling at the moment too! Lucky you having the kitten there, that always makes everything better, they are the perfect medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your rest, Simon; may you be completely restored soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouch, that sounds horribly painful. I hope your beautiful cat helps, and that you're feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry you've not been well! Glad you have good company with cat and books. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.