Monday 13 December 2010

Life According to Literature 2010


I did this last year, and I've seen it doing the rounds this year too - always fun, though I doubt I'll be able to match last year's for appropriate titles, even though I've several months further on. Here goes! (Do have a go yourself, and link to your post in the comments if you like)

Answer the following questions using titles of books you have read during 2010:

Describe yourself: The Man Who Planted Trees (Jean Giono) - which I did for the first time this year!

How do you feel: Betwixt and Between (Rosa Maria Bracco)

Describe where you currently live: The Good Earth (Pearl S. Buck)

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: The House in the Country (Bernadette Murphy)

Your favorite form of transportation: All Quiet on the Orient Express (Magnus Mills)

Your best friend is: The Loved One (Evelyn Waugh)

You and your friends are: Friends Like These (Danny Wallace)

What's the weather like: Travelling Light (Tove Jansson)

You fear: The Murder at the Vicarage (Agatha Christie)

What is the best advice you have to give: Aunts Aren't Gentlemen (P.G. Wodehouse)

Thought for the day: Howards End is on the Landing (Susan Hill)

How I would like to die: In the Springtime of the Year (Susan Hill)

My soul's present condition: Strange Glory (L.H. Myers)



6 comments:

  1. Such a fun survey and I love how you were able to incorporate Aunt's Aren't Gentlemen. A very pleasant annual tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Claire and will add that my dh and I laughed out loud at how you were able to get Dame Agatha for "your fear." :) Indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked so fun I had to do it myself! :) http://phantomday.blogspot.com/2010/12/fill-in-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fun! I did mine here (it was hard!). Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I do this? Especially since I started writing down what I'm reading...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire - it had to get in there somehow, didn't it? Such fun!

    Susan - yes, almost too perfect, but not happened yet...

    Cat - lovely!

    Julia - glad you enjoyed it :)

    Daniel - yes of course, you must!

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.