Saturday 7 July 2012

Stuck-in-a-Book's Weekend Miscellany

Well, it's wet and miserable here - but it has been beautiful, as exemplified in this picture from the road trip I took on Thursday to Toot Baldon (because of its brilliant name).  Not a bad view for our picnic, eh?



1.) The blog post - go and read Hayley's lovely, thought-provoking post about why so many of us love books as well as reading...

2.) The link - is this Youtube clip: a man being 'interviewed' by himself, from a video he made 20 years ago.  It's very clever.



3.) The book - came from Bloomsbury the other day.  I should have read this back during the Jubilee weekend, but it's still Jubilee Year, isn't it?  I'm very excited about Coronation by Paul Gallico... I'll let you know more soon!


 Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words Simon, that's a nice warm appreciated feeling to start a holiday Saturday with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, as always, for point us to interesting posts on other weblogs. I love my books too (yes honest I do!), but I also love my paintings, photographs and my music as much these days. I've changed in that respect since I was a teenager when I think books would have been a clear number one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I shall expand my horizons one day too ;)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing these things. I enjoyed the Desperate Reader's post and also the video. That is amazing. I have shared it to my FB page. So clever. Your picnic spot looks beautiful too. Looking forward to spring here. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadn't come across Coronation - may I borrow it in due course please?

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.