Saturday 16 June 2012

Stuck-in-a-Book's Weekend (Minimalist) Miscellany

It's been a long day, so I'm going to leave you with a very minimalist miscellany.  Follow the links to find out more...

1.) 60 Years in 60 Poems - can you help?

2.) Remember how much I loved Life in a Day?  Now there is Britain in a Day.  Not as good, but still definitely worth watching.

3.) Have you seen Karyn's new bookshelves yet?

4.) Tove Jansson AND Alice's Adventures in Wonderland?  Yes please!  (click the picture for more info.)


5.) Claire shares How To Write A Novel by Georgette Heyer - very funny!  And...

6.) Michelle shares On Reviewing Fiction by Rose Macaulay - also very funny!

Have a lovely weekend :)

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the 60 years in 60 poems. Have missed this one in past (not blogging long enough).
    Always enjoy lists of this type. Glad you shared it again. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam :)
      I don't really understand the 60 Years thing myself but they're recording them, I believe... I couldn't entirely understand the email I was sent.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the mention, Simon. I enjoyed reading Michelle's post, and particularly the part about blurb writers not necessarily having the read the book, because there are times when I wonder that myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention cover illustrators! I really admire the illustrators/designers who clearly have an in-depth knowledge of the book - Bloomsbury are good at hiring that type.

      Delete
  3. Karyn's bookshelves (and blog!) are wonderful but very dangerous - every time I pop in to read the latest review I end up searching the 'Net for vintage Penguins....!

    The 'Alice' does look lovely, tho' I must say that my favourites are the Mervyn Peake illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a wonderful website, listed down in my left-hand column under 'places of beauty', where they have examples of dozens of Alice illustrations. I love seeing how the same books have inspired so many different images.

      Delete
  4. Poems site doesn't work for me, either. And yet some people can obviously get it ... what's going wrong?

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.