Monday 25 February 2008

Mememememememe


Perhaps someone here knows - is 'meme' pronounced to rhyme with 'dream', or simply 'me me'? It is a little navel-gazing-esque, but hopefully you will forgive that when I open up the arena to anyone who fancies joining in!

I took this from Harriet's blog, and apparently it is quite famous as being James Lipton's. Must confess I hadn't heard of him, but perhaps that is not the benchmark of fame.

(the picture isn't relevant - I took it in the Lake District last Summer, and almost put running water as my favourite sound... so it's staying!)

What is your favorite word? Solemnity

What is your least favorite word? Onyx

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? creatively - reading (or reading about) Virginia Woolf; spiritually and emotionally singing worship songs to God!

What turns you off? sleep-deprivation

What is your favourite curse word? Fish. I know it's not one, but it's what I say....

What sound or noise do you love? Heavy rain against a window (when I'm on the right side of it)

What sound or noise do you hate? things scraping against ice in a freezer

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Showing people around Jane Austen's house

What profession would you not like to do? Surgery - Harriet's answer is also mine!

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Wow! Would He need to say anything? "I love you", I think.

4 comments:

  1. RE: Perhaps someone here knows - is 'meme' pronounced to rhyme with 'dream', or simply 'me me'?

    I'd like to know too - I've always just thought _mim_ (like rim or dim) when reading the word. nancy b t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been on the meme to rhyme with dream side of the fence.

    Think I might have to have a go at this meme myself. I never can resist them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting answers -- showing people round Jane Austen's house, eh? That's probably a first. I always say meme as in dream, but I have a sneaking suspicion it might be me me. But maybe that's the whole point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel badly for onyx that you don't like it.

    Couldn't resist this meme though (as in dream...)

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.