Thursday 14 February 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Time for some Booking Through Thursday fun, methinks. Still a few minutes left of Thursday:

Here’s something for Valentine’s Day.

Have you ever fallen out of love with a favorite author? Was the last book you read by the author so bad, you broke up with them and haven’t read their work since? Could they ever lure you back?


Well, the short answer is "no", so this is more to discover your experiences than to disseminate mine. Then again, I did write yesterday's post with the intention of sparking off a wildfire discussion... two comments! Perhaps you're all better people than me, and only ever allow the contents of a book to inform how much you enjoy it... ;-)

I did write a bit about Second Book Syndrome here - by which I mean reading a second book by a beloved author (not necessarily their second book, just the second you've encountered). And I can't think of any author's books which have stopped me in my tracks and caused our relationship to break down...

2 comments:

  1. Um, what about Baker, the author of Miss Hargreaves?
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got fed up after reading a few of an author but never parted in a hissy fit.There are of course some I've tried to read and failed like 'darkmans' believe it was called.Time is running away too fast at my age to continue reading what doesn't appeal.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.