Saturday 16 August 2008

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Mary Ann Shaffer

You may remember I eulogised about Mary Ann Shaffer's epistolary novel The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - in fact, it's had rave reviews from more or less everyone. Elaine at Random Jottings pointed me in the right direction, and the latest fan is Our Vicar's Wife, who took it to Cornwall with her last week.

Anyway - it's now on the shelves, published and ready to be read, so do go and get yourselves a copy! Bloomsbury have made this YouTube trailer for it - enticing!

5 comments:

  1. And it's sitting on the shelves in Tesco, so its future is assured! (Not that I ever buy books in Tesco, on principle, but it was good to know it will reach a wider audience.)

    My copy is near the very top of the TBR list, along with The Great Western Beach.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol - the Great Western Beach and Potato Peel are my two books of the year so far. They are both simply wonderful and magical and take you out of yourself when reading them. I love them both and they are both from Bloomsbury as well who are doing really well!
    ANd I spotted it in Tesco too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished it yesterday and miss all the characters already! It has to be one of the best books I've read this year, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How strange - I tried to post this on the 5th, and it wouldn't link in, and now it's appeared with the same text, when I didn't even have the internet!

    But the router arrived this morning, so all should be up and running this evening... without those phantom posts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such wonderful things about this book - now I'm just waiting for it to come in at my library!

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.