Thursday 16 August 2007

Honour and Obey


Wonders will never cease; I am Booking Through Thursday on a THURSDAY. True, there are only 35 minutes left on Thursday, this side of the Pond anyway, but the principle stands. A round of applause, if you will.

One book at a time? Or more than one? If more, are they different types/genres? Or similar?

(We’re talking recreational reading, here—books for work or school don’t really count since they’re not optional.)


A fine question. One of the things I like best about finishing my degree (and it is certainly a mixed blessing) is that I can read more than book at once, purely because I don't have deadlines for reading, and it doesn't matter whether it takes me a day or a month to read a book. I like to have a few reads at the same time, but generally not more than one novel. So perhaps a novel, a factual book, a selection of letters, the diaries collection I have The Assassin's Cloak... but if I were reading two novels at the same time, it would be too confusing.

How about you? Less easily confused than me?

4 comments:

  1. I've occasionally read two novels at once but not usually. My answer's here: http://smsbookreviews.blogspot.com/2007/08/booking-through-thursday-monogamy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have several on the go. Grasshopper mind, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to have a couple going at the same time, but they have to be drastically different in some way for me to keep them straight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have several books on the go at onece, but only ever one novel.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.