Tuesday 9 April 2013

Innocent cat grabbed in garden

Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook will have seen these already, but I thought I'd share some pictures of me playing with Sherpa when I went home for Easter...  My hair, incidentally, is much shorter now.  I think Sherpy's is the same length.  (Photos taken by my brother Colin.  I deleted the ones he took of his feet.)

Sherpa 'runs into my arms'.


HUGS!
Revenge of the cat...
 
"I claim this land for cats!"
  
She's looking a wee bit drunken in this pic...
but I reckon it's just happiness :)
That's certainly what's lighting up my silly face!

I was going to write a film review tonight.  You got cat photos instead.  Who's to say which is better?  (Spoiler alert: you'll probably get the film review soon, too.)

14 comments:

  1. I always appreciate the Sherpa pictures! The first one perfectly captures that boneless effect cats assume when being picked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no shortage of Sherpa pics on my computer! I love your comment on the boneless effect :)

      Delete
  2. When I pick her up like that, a deft flip and she is cradled in my arm with all 4 paws cutely in the air looking utterly sweet and unable to escape - and not bothered about escaping either! It's a knack... says she, modestly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Love these! The way she sits on your back is hilarious. As far as she's concerned, you're just being a useful human for once, not doubled up in some unsustainable pose for her comfort! Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She looks so comfortable, too... I feel bad that I always end up knocking her on the floor from my back, now that I've seen what it looks like...

      Delete
  4. You both look like you're having a wonderful time playing. Sherpa is a lovely cat. Our neighbor has a black and white cat, Gladys, who waves back at us when we wave at her. Our two cats don't wave at anyone. They prefer lying around and then rushing madly to the kitchen when they feel it's time to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does love having people play in the garden! Although it's never entirely clear what game she thinks we're playing.

      Delete
  5. so cute :) you make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute photos and Lisa's comment made me laugh. I've never owned a cat but Deacon does the same sort of silly thing when you try to pick him up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always seem a bit surprised, too - understandably, as they've been suddenly whisked from the ground...

      Delete
  7. You make a very charming cat rest. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.