Saturday 27 October 2012

My Life in Books - Series Three!



As I mentioned a while ago, I've got another series of My Life in Books all ready to go.  This is the third series - the first was March 2011, the second was March 2012, and although I intended to wait until March 2013 for Series Three, I realised that I couldn't wait that long.  And you all seemed to enjoy before too, so... it seems I now run a spring and an autumn series!

For those who didn't see previous series (and you can catch up with them here) I copied the idea from the BBC series of the same name - bloggers, in pairs, pick favourite and important books from different stages of their lives.  My twist on it is that these choices were emailed to their co-participant, who then tried to guess what sort of person the blogger was from what they read...

All 14 bloggers I approached said yes, which was lovely - and there are some wonderful suggestions coming up for you this week.  By the end of the week you should have 70 recommendations (well, one Victorian novel did come up a lot.)  I'm going to be away until Wednesday, so hopefully things will all appear neatly and in the right place - if formatting goes awry, it'll have to wait til then to get fixed...

I'm hoping the bloggers will pop by during the week and reply to your comments - do comment, whether you've read the books, or want to - and I'll hop in to the comment discussions when I'm back.

The first pair will appear on Monday, and it'll run through to Sunday.  Over to them!


4 comments:

  1. Hurray! Can't wait to see who's coming up next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I can't wait to see who the bloggers are this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh goody - I really enjoyed the first two,

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.