Saturday 25 February 2012

Stuck-in-a-Book's Weekend Miscellany

Hope you all have nicer weekends lined up than I do.  Well, the weekend will probably be fine, it's just that I've come down with a horrible cold... that stage where you feel semi-conscious all the time.  Yeah, not fun.  Lots of bed and Lemsip for me tomorrow... And it's going to be a pretty brief miscellany, so that I can slump in a heap somewhere.  (Cue violins, etc.)

1.) You know me, I love a review of Miss Hargreaves - and I especially love this one by Chris.  Go and have a gander - and if, for some strange reason, you've yet to read the novel... get to it!

2.) Doesn't The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel look wonderful?  I can't believe Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, and Penelope Wilton are in a film together - and one that looks such heartwarming fun.



3.) A review of Diary of a Provincial Lady, you say?  Iris and Jenny are happy to oblige.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the trailer for The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. It has a wonderful cast and it looks so life affirming. I can't wait until it is in theaters.
    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was hoping to see it tomorrow, but don't want to cough through the film...

      Delete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon! I agree - the movie looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fully sympathise with your cold, hope you'll feel better as soon as possible! Can't believe the beauty of the film - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty!
      I'm so pleased that some film producers etc. are still recognising how wonderful these older actors and actresses are - and giving them leading roles.

      Delete
  4. Rest up, Simon! I hope you're not down with cold for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon - and thanks for the link. That's very kind of you.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.