Saturday 22 February 2014

Stuck-in-a-Book's Weekend Miscellany

I'm off to Bristol for the weekend (as mentioned the other day) - but my quiz ability might be hampered by the fact that I'm not feeling very well.  Doh.  (That's my excuse if I do badly, anyway.)

Here's your usual (ahem) round-up of book, blog, and link!


1.) The book - I don't know much about this one, but it arrived through my letterbox and looks interesting... Grace and Mary by Melvyn Bragg, from Sceptre. A quick google tells me that it was actually out in hardback and I missed it completely (or, more likely, read about it and forgot it).  Well, more info here!

2.) The blog - you probably all know and love Thomas of My Porch and The Readers.  Well, he can add a third string to his violin (which is, incidentally, the number of strings my violin has had for three years) with Lucy's Forever Home.  It documents the transformation of his home (which was, frankly, already sublimely beautiful) - all the planning, reasons behind choices, diagrams, mood boards, and pictures of machinery that you could wish for.  I lived for property programmes during my teens, and still love them now when I'm in at the right time - and this is like watching one about people I know.

3.) The link - a neat segue. Terry's Fabrics sent me a link to a fun infographic they'd made about homes in classic literature, from Jane Eyre to The Secret Garden.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.