Thursday 12 January 2012

The Poisonwood Bible: other views

I meant to include links to other bloggers' views yesterday, but I was too tired by the time I finished exploring my own!  So today's post is a little addendum to yesterday's...


The world, it seems, is filled with bloggers who have written about The Poisonwood Bible.  I've just picked some of the bloggers I already know and love.  If you have an insatiable appetite for reviews, I recommend you check out Fyrefly's wonderful blog search engine.  It's invaluable!


"The writing was exquisitely well balanced, the story was absorbing and the Congo was portrayed as though it were another character rather than merely a place." - Old English Rose

"It's a story about religious beliefs, a story of the disintegration of a family, and a story about forgiveness." - Bibliophile by the Sea

"Recommended to anyone with the patience to read a long, slow novel." - Jackie, Farm Lane Books

"The Poisonwood Bible is a brilliant, heartfelt and passionate love letter to Africa and the problems it faces. Kingsolver manages to combine a family saga, a political treatise and a love story into a wonderful book." - Sakura, Chasing Bawa

"The setting is all-important in The Poisonwood Bible. The Congo is as much as character as any of the Prices." - Curious Book Fans

"But then, after all of that emotion, everything petered out and the book just kept going." - Eva, A Striped Armchair

"It’s a book that has stuck long in my memory, maybe because it paints such a remarkable picture based on reality and truth." - Margaret, Books Please

1 comment:

  1. This book has been on my wishlist for ages! I hope I get to read it one of these days :)

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.