Monday 7 January 2008

Eeeeeee!


It's fair to say that I'm pretty excited.

If this were the only thing to come from my blog, then it would all be worth it. Not that blogging is a chore. But I can't ask for much more than came thr
ough my letterbox - the paperback version of Angela Young's wonderful Speaking of Love. It was one of my favourite reads of last year, and the original review can be found here. Do go and see what I thought.

Angela read my review and wrote about it on her blog, and obviousl
y her publishers - the aptly named Beautiful Books - also got to hear about. Then a while later I got an email asking if I would mind them citing me on the back of the paperback - did I mind! You can guess that, not only did I not mind, but I was deliriously happy. This is still Angela's wonderful, sensitive, emotive, beautiful book - but I like to think I share a tiny, tiny fraction of the cover, at least. Here I am:


So now you have two reasons to buy it. Not yet, though - wait until March. I'll let you know when, of course.

And for those counting, this doesn't contravene my self-imposed restriction on book buying during January, since this was a gift. Canny, no?

10 comments:

  1. That's pretty darn impressive. You obviously make or break paperbacks nowadays, kid - can I assume a percentage of the royalties are heading your way? And of them, a smaller percentage might come to your lovely brother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you remove my second comment? Or did it merely fail to post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just emailed you about it to your hotmail address!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I don't think the-brother-of-someone-who-was-cited-on-the-back-cover gets substantial royalties, even if they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, OH MY GOODNESS! How lovely for you Simon, what a thrill that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know you've made it when you're quoted like that as 'someone who knows what they're talking about'! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is soooooo cool. Not far to go now before your name is on the *front* cover of a book...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats. to you, Simon, and to Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only just read your yesterday's post. Sorry I'm a day late, I was writing (at least that's what I'm telling the MAT-scorers).

    But it is a delight to share the cover with you. I can't think of anyone nicer. Thank you for your continuing championing of Speaking of Love.

    And please tell your lovely brother that I'll whisper into the royalty-divvier-upper-in-chief's ear; but I have a feeling it may turn out to be his deaf one ... .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's pretty impressive. Congratulations! I've recently read good things about this book and must try it now.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.