Tuesday 20 May 2014

Bello Books

Do you know of Bello Books? They are an offshoot of Macmillan, I believe, and do print on demand paperbacks and ebooks, reprinting lost voices.  And, oh, their catalogue is divine!  They seem to be browsing my bookshelves - and my wishlist - to come up with some of their titles.  Reprints will be coming soon from Christopher Milne, Ann Thwaite, Edith Olivier, Pamela Hansford Johnson, and...


Vita Sackville-West (thanks for sending these, Bello!)  You can see their latest catalogue here, and investigate the site more generally here.  General hurrahs for Bello!

9 comments:

  1. Another good site. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look wonderful! Thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'll finally be able to get hold of The Love Child! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look rather wonderful, don't they? Plus they put out a lot of Andrew Garve titles and I do love his thrillers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cork St Next to the Hatters' ? I do hope so...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bello are great. They sent me some copies of their Barbara Pym books last year. They have some brilliant titles available. and also some ebooks available. I downloaded a Francis Durridge book and so enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very excited to see that they are reprinting To War with Whitaker by Hermione Ranfurly and of course, Christopher Milne's books and Ann Twaite's AAM bio. But, most of all, I am THRILLED to see that they are reissuing Eva Ibbotson's A Glove Shop in Vienna. Copies of that are rarer than hen's teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Vicky; excited to finally get a copy of the Love Child which is all but impossible to find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the kind of thing I wish I didn't know about.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.