Tuesday 13 August 2013

Life in a Day

I'm greatly enjoying your comments on yesterday's post, so do keep them coming!

Have I mentioned yet that I've set up a two-person film club with my friend Andrea?  I think I have, but I'll recap - we take it in turns to host and choose the film, and then put our comments and scores out of ten in a little notebook.  So far we've watched some truly wonderful films, and a few not-so-wonderful ones.  The list is: I Live in Grosvenor Square, And A Nightingale Sang, The Enchanted April, Secrets & Lies, Like Crazy, Separate Tables, On Approval, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Mildred Pierce, Shakespeare Wallah, Kramer vs. Kramer, and Life in a Day.  We've covered the 1940s, '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, and 2010s (but not 2000s - yet).

Life in a Day was the one we watched yesterday - my choice, as it's one of my very favourite films.  I shan't repeat what I wrote in my 2011 review (do go and have a read!) but I did want to mention that it's available on YouTube, for those of you who wanted to see it.  And not illegally on YouTube, but legitimately put there by the people who made it - because it was a YouTube initiative, I assume.  Please set aside an hour and a half to watch this delightful, moving, poignant, beautiful, funny, inspiring film.  It reminds me how infinitely varied humans are - and yet how much we all have in common.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.