Thursday 16 February 2012

Elizabeth Taylor is coming to Stuck-in-a-Book...

A little early, since the conversation about Palladian is in full swing over at Rachel's, but I thought I'd let you know that the Elizabeth Taylor Centenary celebrations are coming over to mine for March.  Laura has organised monthly readalongs at different blogs (more info here) and I believe there is still opportunity to sign up to host a month.


Anyway, March's book is A View of the Harbour (1947), and I'd love you all to join in.  I'm planning on posting my own thoughts about A View of the Harbour, and opening up a discussion, somewhere towards the end of March (provisionally Monday 26th March) in order to give everyone time to read the book earlier in the month.  But, fear not, I will be reminding you before that!

Lovely.  Hope you'll join in with one or two Elizabeth Taylor reads this year - I've missed January and February, oops, but I'm hoping to jump on board with other titles throughout 2012.

8 comments:

  1. Count me in for the Taylor read-along :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it acceptable that I want to join in simply because of the attraction of the front cover?

    Judge me, judge me not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marking it on my calendar, Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Simon I'm having a nightmare with your comments box!!

    Anyway, very excited for this - count me in! I am going to finally get my huge pile of Elizabeth Taylors read this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on persevering! I had high hopes to read all my ETs this year, but have missed two already (one I had; one I didn't.)

      Delete
  5. I'm a big fan of Elizabeth Taylor, a wonderful writer. (I expect you've read Nicola Beauman's biography of her. ) It must be twenty five years since I read 'A View of the Harbour', so I'll welcome the opportunity to read it again!

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.