Sunday 26 September 2010

Song for a Sunday


Yesterday was the second Book Bloggers' Meet-Up, and it was great fun. I must confess, I was feeling a little discouraged as the day approached, since so many people had to cancel. Not to blame anyone, of course, but you can't help feeling a little discouraged when you organise something and it doesn't go exactly to plan. BUT the eight of us who were able to attend had a great evening, and I really enjoyed it. We'll be trying another Meet-Up in spring sometime, and I'll be handing over to someone else to do the (very simple) organisation - let me know if you want to volunteer!

Oh, and I didn't buy any books - proud of me?

I think I will carry on with this Song for a Sunday idea, as variety is the spice of life and all that. Today's is by one of my favourite singers, Elin Ruth Sigvardsson (also known as Elin Ruth, or Elin Sigvardsson...) with the song Bang. I've chosen it partly because I like the song, but also because I love the story which runs through the video. Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. It was fun, yes -- lovely to put faces to blogs. Thanks for organising! Sweet video, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the organisation Simon. I was very pleased to be able to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight? But that is huge! Can you not remember a time when there were not eight book bloggers in the entire world?

    Now I want to hear all about who was there, and what was said, and what was ate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thanks for arranging everything, Simon -- good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the song -- very upbeat, catchy tune. And glad you had a good get together and VERY PROUD that you didn't buy anything. :) You've really got me contemplating setting a number for myself next year. My age might be too high a starting number, though. Still thinking on it.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.